Each year, all students graduating with a bachelor’s degree in education are invited to participate in a pinning ceremony, which takes the same week as graduation. The ceremony marks the occasion when students are welcomed into the teaching profession; it is a symbolic ceremony denoting a milestone in the educator’s life. TCU Commencement information
To graduate, all students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete all specific requirements for your degree;
- Complete at least 124 semester hours;
- Complete at least 42 semester hours of advanced level course work (3000+) at TCU;
- Complete at least 58 semester hours of course work at TCU;
- Have a GPA of at least 2.75 for teacher certification if applicable.
PLEASE NOTE: You will receive by mail an updated copy of your Academic Audit which should reflect any remaining degree requirements necessary for graduation. Your audit should be reviewed with your academic advisor to identify any problems and/or discuss how remaining degree requirements will be satisfied. The final evaluation for graduation will be conducted the semester you applied to graduate at which time you will be presented to the registrar’s office as a degree candidate.
Students must file the intent to graduate the semester before graduation with the Director of Certification. Fill out the form below or complete the PDF form.