The TCU Upward Bound Program (UB) seeks to provide participants with the resources, skills, and motivation necessary to complete high school and enter and succeed in a program of post-secondary education.
The UB Program serves four high schools in Fort Worth ISD (Arlington Heights, Carter Riverside, Paschal, and Trimble Tech High School).
According to federal regulations, potential students must meet the following criteria mandated by the governing regulations for participating in the TCU Upward Bound Program.
- Attend one of the target schools (Arlington Heights, Carter Riverside, Paschal, and Trimble Tech High School).
- Be a citizen of the United States or meet the residency requirements
- Meet Federal Income Guidelines
- Be a potential first-generation student (neither parent has obtained a 4-year degree)
The TCU Upward Bound Program provides the following services to students.
- Assistance with applying for college
- Academic Advising
- Career Exploration
- College Planning
- College Tours
- Cultural Enrichment Trips
- Financial Literacy
- Leadership Activities
- Professional Development
- Study/Test-Taking Skills
- Test Preparation
During the academic component, the Upward Bound Program facilitates an after-school enrichment program. Students meet with UB staff every week and once a month for Saturday workshops/events.
During the summer component, the Upward Bound Program hosts a 6 – week enrichment session designed to simulate a college-going experience, focusing on core subjects.
To apply for admission to the TCU Upward Bound Program, students may pick up an application from the UB Office located in the Rickel Academic Wing of the University Recreation Center, Suite 244, or from their High School Counseling Center. Once the UB application is turned in, Upward Bound Staff will review the application and arrange for an interview with the parent and student. Accepted students must attend a new student orientation.
- Turn in your completed application to the TCU UB Office located in the Rickel Building, Suite 244 on the TCU Campus
- Email email@example.com for more information about High School Drop off
Please turn in all of the following required documents:
- Application form completed
- Parent Application/Income Verification Form
- Teacher/Counselor Recommendation Forms (2)
- A copy of the recent Report Card
- A copy of High School Transcript (except for 8th-grade students)
- A copy of STAAR Scores