The College of Education offers bachelor’s degrees in Education at different grade levels and in many different fields. Our undergraduate program prepares students for careers in a diverse range of educational settings. Our degree programs are rigorous, innovative and produce exemplary leaders in education. Students can choose from early childhood education, middle school or secondary education with a variety of concentrations and certification areas. View Undergraduate Programs Guide | Contact Us | Apply to TCU
- Early Childhood-6th Grade Education
- Available certification areas: English as a Second Language (ESL) and Special Education or Bilingual and Special Education
- Middle School Education
- Available content areas: Language & Literacy, Mathematics, Science, Combined Science or Social Studies
- Secondary Education
- Available content areas: Language & Literacy, Social Studies, Life Science or Physical Science
- All-Level Certification
- We offer an all-level certification program for students who wish to teach Music, Art, Physical Education or Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing in early childhood through grade 12 settings. Students will follow the secondary education program of study and will complete the 12-week student teaching program. View Degree Plan
- Double Major or Minor in Educational Studies
- Teacher candidates who major in a content area (teaching field) outside of the College of Education may obtain a double major in Educational Studies.
- A minor in educational studies does not require admission to the College of Education and the minor does not lead to teacher certification. Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher on TCU coursework and must earn a C or better in all education courses used to satisfy the minor.
- Youth Advocacy and Educational Studies
- The College of Education offers a Bachelor of Science in Youth Advocacy and Educational Studies (YAES). This program is designed for students who desire to work in the broader field of education, but do not wish to obtain teacher certification.
- Accelerated Master’s Option
- Available only to TCU undergraduates, the Accelerated Master’s Option allows outstanding students to combine a Bachelor’s degree with the Master of Education (M.Ed.) in only five years.