Within the College of Education, student organizations have been established for the purposes of promoting professional goals and interests, as well as providing recreation and fellowship among members.
- The Dean’s Advisory Cabinet members are undergraduate and graduate leaders in the College of Education. They meet regularly to advise the Dean on ways to improve the student experience in the College of Education.
- DRIVE Leadership Program is a two-year program for junior and seniors in the College of Education. DRIVE stands for Developing Responsible, Influential and Visionary Educators. The goal of the DRIVE program is to develop educational leaders through engaged citizenship locally and globally. Contact: Dr. Brandy Quinn
- Kappa Delta Pi, the international education honor society, invites to membership those junior, senior and graduate students or teachers who possess high scholarship ability. Contact: Dr. Cindy Savage
- The Graduate Student Senate is the official representative body for graduate students at TCU, providing professional and financial support as well as open forums for discussing issues, events, and other matters pertinent to graduate students. Contact: email@example.com
- Texas Student Education Association, TCU chapter, provides students with associate membership in the National Education Association and the Texas State Teachers Association. TSEA provides students with the opportunity to meet and discuss professional concerns and goals with experienced teachers. The membership is accepted throughout the United States, Canada and most European nations.
- International Reading Association is a nonprofit, global network of individuals and institutions committed to worldwide literacy. More than 60,000 members strong, the Association supports literacy professionals through a wide range of resources, advocacy efforts, volunteerism, and professional development activities. Our members promote high levels of literacy for all by:
- Improving the quality of reading instruction
- Disseminating research and information about reading
- Encouraging the lifetime reading habit